Tag Sticky Post for WordPress is a plugin that allows you to mark a post as sticky within a specific tag archive. It works exactly like the typical sticky post functionality within WordPress, except that it’s specifically for tag archives.
This means that if you have a set of articles under one tag, you can mark one to always appear at the top of the tag archive.
This plugin came out of a direct need that I have for my own site: All of my projects are located in the Projects category, but each project has its own tag.
The problem is that I often write a post introducing the project, what it does, why I wrote it, and where you can find more information about it. But over time, I write posts that cover various updates or other issues about the project ultimately pushing the introductory post – arguably the most important post – lower into the archive.
The thing is, that post is the one I want readers to see as soon as they visit the archive. To solve this problem, I wrote Tag Sticky Post. You can see the plugin in action in the Comment Images archive.
Tag Sticky Post has the following set of features:
- Allows you to select which tag in which to stick a post
- Will display the post on the top of the first page of the archive just like WordPress’ sticky posts
- Will only allow you to stick a single post per tag
- Displays whether or not a post is stuck in a tag on the Post Edit dashboard
- Provides light styling that should look good in most themes
- Is available on each post editor page
- Is fully localized and ready for translation
Be sure to check out a variety of screenshots, too.
You can install it from the WordPress Dashboard or download it from the plugin’s homepage.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.