On the whole, writing a post about other posts – aside being very meta – isn’t something I’m fond of doing.
But here I am.
But given that I was making steady progress on this and given that it’s something I want to continue working on since it’s something I have use for, it seemed worth commenting on it if for no other reason than posterity.
We’re all busy and I’m not going to pretend that I’ve more or less going on than any of the rest of you. That’s disingenuous, right? Suffice it to say that, like you, we’ve got a lot going on outside of work (and no, it’s not like there’s bad stuff going on – there’s a lot of good stuff going on, but stuff nonetheless.).
Hit Pause on Backcast
As such, I’ve gotta cut back on some of the things I’m doing and focus on what I already have going on (as well as what I want to have going on). In the last few weeks, I’ve written the following posts (aside from my resource posts):
- Add Custom Link to All Posts Screen Based on Post Meta Data
- Programmatically Search WordPress Posts By Date Range
- How To Downgrade Composer, PHP, and NPM
- Debugging WordPress with Ray, Part 1
- Debugging WordPress with Ray, Part 2
- Fix Spotify Play/Pause Buttons on macOS
And I miss regularly publishing like I once did. I don’t know if I’ll get back into that kind of rhythm but I’ve a backlog of content to publish and I want to finish those posts.
Further, I’ve got other areas where I’m sharing content, too.
Pasting this from my personal blog:
- ✍🏻 This blog is backed up via my web host and I’ve access to all articles via RSS.
- 📸 I’m not really big on photography but I share things on Instagram like many of you nerds.
- 🎸 Lately, I’ve been doing more and more with guitar on Instagram reels.
- 🐦 I tweet a good bit but mostly about programming-related topics (with the occasional meme :)
- 📓 I journal almost daily using Day One and I have done so consistently for quite some time.
So even if I’m not writing here, I’ve likely got something going out on one of those services. Give it a follow if you’re interested.
I’ll Get Back To It
I will unpause the project at some point and will continue to document whatever it is that I’m doing, but I don’t know when and I’m not going to impose an arbitrary deadline on myself when there’s so many things else in flux at the moment.
If nothing else, it creates a feeling of guilt for not doing something that I don’t have to do. That’s backwards.
I’d rather work on something I want to work on it and not feel the obligation to do so.