For those who are unfamiliar with the theme, it offers the following features:
- Mobile-ready on all devices
editor-style.cssso that all of the content you write in the Dashboard looks exactly as it will on the front-end
- Designed specifically for the single-author blog
- Offers no more options than necessary to get your blog looking at exactly like the demo
- ..and much more
Not long ago, I placed the theme on GitHub. In fact, for those who have been reading this blog long enough will recall that I used to run it on this site.
So What Gives?
The short of it is that Pressware has continued to grow into a direction that allows me to build custom solutions and provide consulting for others rather than actually venture into the product business.
Don’t get me wrong: I still enjoy working with and building products, but it’s not the direction that I’m looking to take Pressware at this moment in time. To that end, I’m looking to partner with other services to provide what I need – but more on that in a future post.
Interested in Mayer For WordPress?
Anyway, rather than completely shut Mayer down, I’m looking to sell it to someone who’s interested in taking it into its next few versions.
Sure, there is an outline of some minor issues on GitHub, support is minimal, and there’s a lot of potential for new and great features for the theme, but none of the above are things that I currently have the time to manage with the things that I’m doing outside of working on the theme.
To that end, I’m looking for a new owner for the theme. Specifically, the owner should:
- Be a high-quality WordPress developer familiar with coding standards
- Familiar with Sass and JSHint
- Experience with CodeKit is a plus (but experience with Grunt and other tools will be just fine)
- Have an interest in providing the best possible writing experience for bloggers
- Legitimately care about the future of the product
If this sounds like you and you’re interested in purchasing Mayer from me in order to see it into the future, then please don’t hesitate to contact me. We can talk sales figures, pricing, and all of the fun stuff once we’re in touch.