When I started the podcast at the beginning of the year, I’d planned to do it for at least a year. But some seriously good things have come up since January – namely that our family is growing 🙂 – and I’m all for priorities.
Right now, my big focus is on my family, friends, and work (which includes blogging). So, to that end, I’m putting the podcast on an indefinite hiatus. Normally, that’s a polite way of saying “I don’t think I’ll be doing this again.”
That’s not true in this case, though.
Instead, it’s something that I’ll eventually come back to doing once the new normal has set. With that, though, I decided to try to make this episode longer than the previous episode.
The Finale, Season 1
Since this is the last episode, it does not feature a sponsored segment. Further, I do everything I can to answer as many questions as possible in the time that I normally allot for the podcast.
This means that I answer more questions but not necessarily in the depth that I normally do. That said, I do my best to give a sufficient answer and reference to enough material so you have more to find for each question.
After giving a quick update for what’s up in my life, here’s a quick run down of everything answered:
- What are your favorite plugins that you use on all of or your most essential sites?
- Where do you begin at getting started with the Codex?
- Do you like using Bootstrap when building sites or applications?
- What is the recommended approach for replacing the WordPress administration area?
- What advice do you have for unit testing, integration testing, acceptance testing, or any other types of testing?
- What is your opinion on Docker?
- What do you do site speed optimization for a site or application built on WordPress?
- What is life like working remotely, being involved in fitness, being involved in sports, and your life in general?
- How do you stay organized and productive during the workday?
Though I won’t provide a comprehensive list, here’s some of the software and services I mentioned in the above questions:
Hopefully this helps to give you some references to the answers that I provided in the episode.
A Small Bonus
At the end of the episode, I also share some of the questions I didn’t answer. Most were absolutely questions for the sake of trolling but were fun nonetheless.
Until Next Season
First, as I mention in the episode, thanks so much to everyone who’s listened and send questions thus far. It’s been a lot of fun.
And finally, like I said at the beginning of the post, I plan to resume doing this more in the future. Right now, though, I want to prioritize properly so this is one of the things that need to be placed on pause (pun intended, sort of).
If you’re just discovering this podcast or this episode, you can read all of the notes here.
Until next time, keep this blog or the podcast feed in your favorite player and once a new episode is ready, it’ll be published as per usual.