Here’s my typical weekly roundup of things that I found interesting across the web:
- Sami Samhuri dissected 37signals iPad-only Chalk application. I thought this was a great write up and dug seeing how they are already using Fuch’s Zepto.js framework.
- Google recently released mod_pagespeed. I’ve been eager to try this out but haven’t had to time to actually set it up here on my server.
- Six Revisions had a great post on things you should do after launching a website (although I argue that some of these should be done before launch :)).
- Uploading files via Ajax isn’t exactly a piece of cake. There are a couple of ways to achieve it all of which require a bit of client-side engineering. Andrew Valums released a solid file-upload script with drag and drop capabilities and a progress bar.
- Nettuts+ provided a quick tip on how to perform lookaheads and lookbehinds using Regular Expressions. Useful stuff, for sure.