Over the last few months, the WordPress Widget Boilerplate has received a number of pull requests, merges, and improvements.
Specifically, the following changes have been made:
- Localization improvements
- Introduced a .gitignore file to exclude files from the repository
- Plugin directory path improvements
- Code refactoring to comply with WordPress coding conventions
- Load file helper function improvements
- Added activation and deactivation hooks
The ultimate goal of the boilerplate is to be the foundation on which other developers build their WordsPress widgets, so if you notice anything missing or detect any bugs, create a pull request and I’ll be sure to merge it!