I never know how many people are reading articles like this the day they are published, but I’ve always been a fan of sharing a note of Thanksgiving Day (at least that’s what it is here in the USA).
For those who have read this site for the past few years, you know that I tend not to do any type of “looking back on the year” or retrospective posts. Instead, I try to do two things:
- Wish those of you, whoever they may be, a great holiday,
- And remind myself of a few things that have happened in the past year that are worth noting.
Despite the insane year that we’ve all experienced, I’m grateful for:
- Having moved with my family and have my wife and I plan to build a house,
- Being able to keep up with my friends all over the country (let alone the world) through modern technology despite how the pandemic has changed so many things,
- Continuing to do the work I do with the team at WDS,
- Seeing my kids continue to grow and face the challenges positively this year has brought,
- Being able to play a few video games like Smash Bros. with my oldest two and have them hold their own 🙂.
There’s much more but that seems good enough for this post.
With those few things shared and whether or not you celebrate Thanksgiving or anything like it, then cheers; and if not, don’t forget to a take a minute to be thankful for something despite however crazy this year has been.
I’m off to enjoy the next two days.