One of the most powerful aspects of WordPress is how easy it is to localize your work so that international users can take advantage of your work. Unfortunately, it’s far too common for developers to forgo this step in their work.
I recently shared a post on Envato for how to localize WordPress Themes and Plugins.
In the post, I break down the following points:
- Defining and understanding localization
- Why bother localizing?
- How to localize your work
- Displaying localized text
- Processing translated text
- Preparing the theme for localization
Remember to read the comments, too. Other developers shared some great thoughts!