A good friend of mine recently released Static for iPhone – a really simple application for tracking statistics for various web services.
Straight form the website itself:
Static is the easiest way to view the most important statistics from Twitter, Google Analytics, Instagram, Dribbble, and Github.
As I mentioned in the video above, I’ve been using the application for the past week, and despite expecting not to find it particularly useful, I actually really enjoy using it.
Jayson, the lead developer on the project, has been gracious enough to share several promotional codes to use for the application that I’ll be giving away in this post, but first I wanted to share my thoughts on the application.
Check out my video and several points below:
Static For iPhone
Hands On Review
In no particular order, here’s what I really dig about the application:
- The UI is extremely simple and very intuitive
- I really dig the way you can see the various aspects of any given service’s data by tapping on it
- Being able to tap and drag the service in the list is nice
- Though I don’t care much about Twitter or GitHub statistics, the Google Analytics statistics have been really useful especially because I’m involved on a number of different web properties and can view them all easily through the day
- The developers are looking to add additional services, to be sure to let them know what you’d like to see!
But You Said “Giveaway”
Yes – I did. I’ve got exactly three licenses to give away to three random people.
Here are the rules:
- Leave me a comment telling me that you want it (and why you want it) and tweet out a link to this post.
- In your comment, leave a link to the tweet that you sent
This time next week, I’ll pick three commenters at random and contact you.
Oh, and be sure to thank @JaysonLane for his work on the app. He’s done a stellar job.