Here’s a rundown of the interesting articles and tools I stumbled across on the web this week:
- A number of sites are beginning to implement the OAuth protocol for managing client application authentication. I thought this was a great introduction.
- Providing meaningful names for functions, variables, and classes is hard. Envato shared nine confusing habits for beginners.
- SlideNote is nearing 20K views and I’ve received a lot of cool feedback. I decided to setup an RSS feed explicitly for the project, so if you’re interested in following, then subscribe.
- I’m not a freelancer by trade, but I thought Smashing Magazine’s article on freelance tools was a good read.
- With jQuery Mobile and Rails 3 now available, there are a number of developers looking to work with both. Fuel Your Coding provided a good tutorial on getting started with both.
- I dig reading articles about various startups in the tech space. David Cancel shared three lessons he learned in his startup.