Late last month, Erik Ford of Pixel8 contacted me about doing an interview for his blog.
Since I enjoy getting to know other people in the design and development space, and am always humbled when approached to do the same, I obliged.
In the interview, appropriate titled 5 Questions with Tom McFarlin, I answered the following questions:
- How would you describe what you do and how did you get your start?
- What obstacles, if any, did you encounter starting out and how did you overcome them?
- What would be the first piece of advice you would give someone interested in building sites and software for others using WordPress?
- When not building sites and software for others using WordPress, what else occupies your time?
- What is the one thing you cannot live without?
During the course of the interview, I also talk about some of the challenges of self-employment, the fun of working with a team, and how I got started in doing what I do.