For the most part, the article is aimed at anyone who is looking to get into WordPress plugin development, but isn’t quite sure what to expect. Honestly, it’s one of those “if I knew then what I knew now” kind of scenarios.
Ultimately, I cover a handful of topics – both pros and cons – about what to expect when getting into the game.
What To Expect When Building Free WordPress Plugins
Of course, I’m not going to belabor the point here as I’d much rather you guys check out the article and leave your comments there, but here are the points that I cover throughout the post:
- Understanding the development process (whether or not you’ve been in software before or not)
- The “rules of the game” as it relates to building a plugin
- The freely available tools provided by WordPress.org
- Support options (and what to expect when it comes to supporting the plugin)
- Taking the criticism as it comes – and it will – and how to deal with it
- …and more
So with that said, head over to WP Explorer to check out the article in full. As I mentioned at the beginning of the post, I’ve closed comments here to keep the discussion on WP Explorer.