Late last month, I had the opportunity to be interviewed by Cloudways specifically on the topic of WordPress Development and Performance.
During the interview, I had the chance to discuss a number of things from when I got into WordPress, what I did prior to self-employment, and what I’m currently focused on now.
In the interview, I discuss the following:
- How WordPress has moved beyond the usual themes or plugins and can be used as a foundation for application development
- How I manage staging environments, production environments, and maintaining core updates
- My opinions on shared hosting versus managed hosting versus cloud hosting and so on
- A couple of ways to optimize your site’s performance through some low hanging fruit
- When multisite is appropriate (and when it may not be)
- The issue of WordPress security and how no platform is 100% security proof
- Why I think it’s a good idea to stick with the WordPress APIs versus circumventing the platform by using PHP
- …and more
All in all, I had a lot of fun participating in the interview. You check out the interview in full on the Cloudways blog post.